The marble plaque, located under the porch of S.Bartolomeo church on the right of the church inlet, quotes the text of the decision by which Pope Gregorius XIII on August 22nd 1581 granted to the sole priests of S.Bartolomeo the privilege to annul the Purgatory punishments when celebrating the funeral Mass at the Our Lady altar.
This privilege will be subsequently extended to all priests by Pius VI (1782 - see the plaque on the other side of the porch).

The plaque is very dirty and only with difficulty it is possible to read:

GREGORIO XIII.
CON SUO BREVE DATO SOTTO IL DI 22 AGOS
TO DELL'ANNO 1581 CONCESSE, CHE OGNI
VOLTA CHE SIA CELEBRATA DA QUALSIASI
SACERDOTE DI QUESTO CONVENTO, SOLAM
ENTE DI S.BARTOLOMEO DELL'ISOLA LA MESSA
DEI MORTI ALL'ALTARE DELLA MADONNA DE
TTO DELLA CAPPELLA SANTA, ESISTENTE
NELLA CHIESA DEL MEDESIMO CONVENTO,
SI LIBERI DALLE PENE DEL PURGATORIO QU
ELL'ANIMA CHE IVI PENA, PER LA QUALE SI
APPLICA IL SANTO SACRIFICIO