|On the parapet of Ponte Fabricio, on the Island side, this marble plaque has been placed to commemorate the joined restoration of Fabricio and Cestio bridges by Pope Innocenzo XI in 1679. On the right of the coat of arms with the papal sign is the following inscription:
INNOCENTIUS XI PONT MAX DVOS VNO IN PONTE FABRICUM AC CESTIUM SENIO LABENTES ONERE LABORANTES IN PRISTINUM DECUS AC PUBLICUM COMMODUM FIRMIORE LATERE AC DURIORE VESTIGIO FULTOS STRATOSQUE RESTITUIT
PONT SVI III
[Innocenzo XI Maximum Pontiff restored as a single bridge the two (bridges) Fabricio and Cestio, unsteady for old age, at his own workers charge, to the former decorum and public use with more solid bricks and sustained and paved for longer memory on year 1679, the third of his pontificate]
The plaque has been recently restored for the 2000 Jubilee.